fear of (a) average mind

you are human, no thing you do is wrong

A bag full of water #

The Japanese in London are so beautiful, they fill our town with such sunshine.

There is a place in Regent’s Park I like to sit (the corner of the football pitches, top of the zoo, just around from the fountain). A strange little crescent of grass with a few trees in, people walk right past and don’t even see you and it was from this hidey-hole I fell in love with a strange Oriental lady. 3 autumns ago I first saw her walking her dog (and get this) she had a bag of water. Much like the bags you get a fish in from the fair. What was this bag for ?? Well she stopped opened the bag and let her dog drink from it, it was at that moment I fell in love with her. How strange to carry a “bag” of water for your dog. I used to just cup my hand and squirt water from my bike bottle into it and my dog would drink from my hand. I imagine other people would carry some kind of bottle and dish thing but I can’t imagine anyone thinking of a bag of water… a genuine different soul, how could I not but fall in love with her ?

Saw her nearly every day (well I was on the dole and I didn’t have anything better to do than sit in the park and read a book). I went a bit mad and well one night I made a wooden sign (a stake and 2 bits of skirting board which together just happened to be A4 in size) on it a printed piece of paper: “I think you are beautiful”. Went to the park that night (3 am) and stuck it in the place I sit, didn’t go back for a couple of days, she must of seen it as every day she walked by this place. It also appealed to me to have sign in the park that said “I think you are beautiful” that random people would see (did it change any lives ?). What would you do if you came upon such a sign ?

That was about 3 years ago. Well I saw her again today, I went to the park to “true” my racer wheel and in the middle of such a Zen operation who should flitter past but my beautiful strange Oriental lady (She is the beauty of a seagull flying out to sea, a leaf in love with the wind and early evening autumn sun). She spotted me first, I looked up and there she was, all nervous and calling her dog. I could but only smile. This has been going on now for nearly 4 years, had she missed me. She seemed to be smiling (all looking over in my direction)… it’s a shame I’m so different now.